Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baked Tilapia with Pesto

Makes 1 serving

Some nights I just want something that’s simple to make that tastes good. If you like pesto and fish you’ll enjoy the simplicity and ease of this dish. You can make your own fresh pesto of you can buy it in a jar, your choice. I will usually make 2-3 batches of pesto with the basil from my garden and freeze it in ice cube trays so that I have it available whenever I want it.

I’ll often buy my tilapia fresh at the market. Use it the same day otherwise soak it in milk if you are using it the next day. I’ve also gotten individually frozen and vacuum packed tilapia filets at Wal Mart that are very good.

This recipe will provide you with a fillet that has a crispy topping, a flaky and moist interior, and the savory taste of pesto.

Ingredients
1 Tilapia Fillet
1 ½ tsp Basil Pesto
2 tsp Panko Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Grated Italian Cheese
Cooking Spray

Preheat your oven to 350°F.

Spray an oven-proof baking dish with cooking spray. Place the tilapia in the baking dish and spread 1 ½ tsp basil pesto over the top of the fillet. Cover with the 2 tsp of panko bread crumbs and the 1 tsp of grated Italian cheese.

Bake in the oven for fifteen minutes or until the flesh is flaky. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. I already served this dish during my Aunt's birthday. She said that it was delicious because it was crispy and juicy. The rest of the guests enjoyed it as much as she did because most of them prefer seafood over pork or beef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried your recipe and it was wonderful! That's saying something from someone who isn't exactly a fish lover.

    Keep 'em coming!


    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.