Sunday, June 26, 2011

Restaurant Review: Caprice Bistro


★★★★☆
Location: 10 Market St., Wilmington, NC
When I travel I try to find the unexpected. Restaurants that serve outstanding food at reasonable prices. I was surprised to find this combination in the middle of historic downtown Wilmington North Caroline overlooking the Cape Fear River. Every dish we savored at this authentic French bistro were superb. The spicy cream of mushroom soup was velvety with just the right bite. The chicken stuffed crepes were overloaded with tender chunks of chicken in a delicate cream sauce. The trigger fish, the special of the day, was perfectly spiced and cooked and it sat on a bed of creamy risotto. I could not have asked for a finer meal. You can bet that I’ll be eating there again the next time I’m in Wilmington.

Cuisine: French Bistro
Atmosphere: cozy French countryside
Service: eager to please
Recommended: cream of mushroom soup and the fish of the day
Open: dinner daily
Reservations: accepted
Cost: Entrees average between $14 and $24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.