Sunday, November 6, 2011

Restaurant Review: Baby Moon Cafe


Baby Moon Cafe $$-$$$ ★★★★☆

Location: 100 Jerusalem Drive, Ste 106 Morrisville, NC 27560, (919) 465 9006
Open Mon–Fri: 11am–10pm & Sat: 4pm–10pm

I’ve always enjoyed going to Baby Moon Café for lunch but I’ve never gone there for dinner, so I revisited the café to try out there dinner menu. When I arrived I was surprised to find out that they have a new chef as well. We arrived at 6:30 on a Saturday evening and there was plenty of seating but by 7:00 the place was packed. The wait staff was superb. They were attentive, prompt and friendly, yet we felt relaxed with no rushing.

They start you out with homemade focaccia bread that is light, buttery, moist with a light coating of herbs, and it’s served with a dipping oil that is infused with cheese and herbs.

We decided to or three of the daily specials. The appetizer were shells stuffed with crab and ricotta blanketed with a rich tomato basil sauce. It was served with a side of arugula with shaved parmesan and walnuts. If you are a crab fan I highly recommend this appetizer.

I ordered salmon stuffed with crab. The salmon was moist, tender, and very flavorful. The crab stuffing was a mixture of crab and bread that melted in your mouth when you ate it. All of this was on a bed of creamy smashed potatoes. It was excellent.

My wife had the pasta special which consisted of Fuselli pasta (corkscrew shaped pasta), sundried tomatoes, shrimp, and broccoli in a light cream sauce. It was a great combination of flavors that blended perfectly in the mouth.

One of the features of the restaurant that I really liked is that they ask you if you want any extra parmesan or Romano (my favorite) cheese. Unlike other restaurants that sprinkle it on for you, Baby Moon gives you a bowl of shaved Romano or parmesan on your table for you to put on your own food.

Baby moon offers a wide selection of wine and beer. If you can’t stay or you want to bring dinner home you can order off of the entire menu for take-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.