Sunday, April 14, 2013

Maple Chocolate Balsamic Vinaigrette


I often ask my students if they have let their imagination spice up their cooking. Well the ingredients of this vinaigrette were both a mistake and the mother of necessity. First thing that happened was that as I was reading the recipe for a basic balsamic vinaigrette (it was on the same page as another recipe) I mistakenly added maple syrup. Then I went to my pantry for balsamic vinegar and found out that I only had half the amount I needed-I had to substitute chocolate balsamic vinegar. The end result was amazing. This slightly sweet dressing is great on salads or as a marinade. I now keep a jar of it in the refrigerator at all times.
Servings: 2 cups of vinaigrette

¼ C Balsamic Vinegar
¼ C Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBS Maple Syrup
2 TBS Dark Brown Sugar (optional)
2 TBS Minced Garlic
1 tsp Table Salt
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 ½ C Olive Oil

Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and process on high until smooth. Eliminate the brown sugar if you want the vinaigrette to be less sweet. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Refrigerate after making it.

To print a copy of this recipe go to Maple Chocolate Balsamic Vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.