Saturday, May 4, 2013

Chocolate Hazelnut Pretzels


One of the treats that I usually succumb to when I travel is chocolate dipped pretzels. On a trip to Colonial Williamsburg I devoured a pretzel that was first covered with peanut butter then dipped in dark chocolate. When I came home I decided that I could improve on this treat by using chocolate hazelnut spread in place of the peanut butter. The result was a dream come true if you like salt and chocolate.

Servings: 10

10 Pretzel Sticks
¼ - ½ C Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (such as Nutella)
4 oz Semisweet Chocolate (melted)
Cover half of each pretzel stick with a thin layer of chocolate hazelnut spread (see photo) and place them on a sheet of wax paper in a refrigerator.
Pretzel covered with Nutella


Covering Nutella with melted chocolate
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave until just melted. Cover the chocolate hazelnut spread with a thin layer of melted chocolate (see photo) and place on a clean sheet of wax paper. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.

To print a copy of this recipe go to Chocolate Hazelnut Covered Pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.