Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Chopped Italian Style - Naples vs. Bari

My Italian club, Triangle Sons of Italy, held a cooking contest recently that pitted cooks from the Campagnia (Naples) region vs. cooks from Puglia (Bari).  It is always intimidating cooking Italian food for other Italians, it's really nerve racking competing for the best regional food and having to cook for 45 people.  However team Naples came through for me and we won the competition. Here is the winning menu with links to recipes for two of the dishes.

Appetizer: Roasted Zucchini & Fontina Frittata with a side of roasted red peppers.
Entrée: Prawn Cannelloni
Dessert: Baba au Rum with Cannoli Cream

One of our judges was Andrea Weigel, from the News and Observer, and she wrote a nice article about our event http://www.newsobserver.com/living/food-drink/mouthful-blog/article97237652.html. She commented "What wooed me? I would be tasting food that I can’t order at an Italian restaurant and wouldn’t be able to taste unless I traveled to Italy."

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.