Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gorgonzola & Proscuitto California Roll

I have always enjoyed California rolls at Japanese restaurants.  Here is my take on an 
Italian version of a California roll. The saltiness of the prosciutto contrasts with the sharp taste of the gorgonzola and the sweetness of the roasted peppers to provide you with an explosion of flavor in your mouth. These rolls are great as part of a meal or as an elegant appetizer for your next party.

Ingredients
8 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
2 TBS Heavy Cream
3 oz Prosciutto (thinly sliced)
½ C Marinated Roasted Red Peppers*

Bring the gorgonzola to room temperature. Place the gorgonzola and the heavy cream into a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it has thoroughly mixed. Place the cheese mixture into a quart zipper seal bag and snip off the tip for piping.

Cut the marinated roasted red peppers into ½ inch strips.
 
Cover a sushi roller with plastic wrap. Place 3 pieces of prosciutto on the plastic wrap across the sushi roller (see photo) making sure the pieces overlap. Pipe two strips of cheese along the middle of the two closest strips of proscuitto and spread it out with wet fingers. Place two more strips of roasted red peppers next to the cheese. Do not place anything on the third strip of proscuitto.

Tightly roll up the California roll. Cut the roll into 1 inch sections and secure with tooth picks.


To print a copy of this recipe go to California Roll.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it seems like your website ate my first commet (it was
    super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what
    I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your
    blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still
    new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for rookie blog writers?
    I'd certainly appreciate it.

    My weblog; belinda broido

    ReplyDelete

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.