Saturday, December 31, 2011

Shanghai - Tofu & Pigs Blood Soup

Tofu & Pigs Blood Soup
Lunch on my second day in Shanghai brought me my first food challenge of the trip. I was taken to a local restaurant by the investigator I'm working with. She order a dish which was almost like a thick soup with tofu, red peppers, scallions and congealed pigs blood. The pigs blood had the consistancy of a light tofu and believe it or not tasted pretty good. The soup, which was served over rice, was a bit spicy and just like tofu, the pigs blood took on the taste of the soup.

Fried Rice Noodle with Beef
The second dish of the meal was much more like what I'm used to eating. It was fried rice noodles with shinly sliced beef. This dish was excellent and I'll probably get it again. It had such a deep rich flavor that just made you want to eat more and more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.