Saturday, May 19, 2012

Restaurant Review: Enzo’s of Arthur Avenue


$$-$$$ ★★★★☆
Location: 2339 Arthur Ave, Bronx, NY 10458, http://www.enzosofthebronx.com/



My recent visit to Enzo’s on Arthur Avenue was a blast from the past. The waiters were actually Italian and spoke with a strong Italian accent. I felt like I was in the Little Italy of the Bronx. To top it off the food was great. I’m very fussy about tomato sauce. The osso buco with gnocchi was cooked in a rich tomato sauce that was excellent, the gnocchi were light and tender and the veal was falling off the bone. They also served an olive bread unlike anything I’ve ever eaten that complimented the meal perfectly.

Cuisine: Italian
Rating: ★★★★☆
Prices: $$$
Atmosphere: colorfully Italian
Service: eager to please
Recommended: Osso Buco
Open: lunch and dinner daily
Reservations: accepted
Other: Accepts credit cards

The critic dines anonymously and pays for all meals. I rank restaurants in five categories: 
***** Extraordinary **** Excellent. *** Above average. ** Average. * Fair.

The dollar signs defined: $ Entrees average less than $10. $$ Entrees $11 to $16. $$$ Entrees $17 to $25. $$$$ Entrees more than $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.