Sunday, June 10, 2012

Triple Chocolate No Bake Cookie Bars


During the weekends I love to have a snack in the middle of the afternoon with a cup of tea. The majority of the time this snack consists of chocolate graham crackers covered with Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread. Yesterday it struck me – what if I covered it in semisweet chocolate. That’s how I came up with my triple chocolate no-bake cookies. After all who wants to heat up the oven in the middle of the summer and it only has three ingredients?

Nutella®, chocolate graham crackers, and semi-sweet chocolate fused into a cookie is chocoholics’ heaven.

Makes 24 Cookies

12 Chocolate Honey Made Graham Crackers*
2/3 C Nutella® Brand Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
1 ½ C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips *

Using a serrated knife cut each graham cracker into 4 equal pieces. This gives you more even pieces than trying to break them along the serration marks on the crackers.

Spread a level ½ teaspoon of Nutella on half of the graham crackers and top with another piece of graham cracker.

Place a glass or metal bowl over a pot of boiling water. Place the chocolate chips in the bowl and mix with a rubber spatula until melted and a smooth.

Holding the end of the graham cracker sandwich (see photo) spread a thin layer of melted chocolate on the four long sides. I usually wear plastic gloves to do this (it keeps me from licking my fingers).

Place the iced bars on a sheet of wax paper to cool.

Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.

* PRONTO SUBSTITUTES

Chocolate Graham Crackers – I used Honey Maid Chocolate Grahams but you can use any flavor of graham cracker you like.

Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips – You can also use white chocolate chips.


To print this recipe, go to Triple Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.