Saturday, March 16, 2013

Restaurant Review: Vinos Finos Y Picadas


Restaurant Review: Vinos Finos Y Picadas $$$ ★★★★★

Location: 8450 Honeycutt Rd. (off of Falls of Neuse), Suite 100, Raleigh NC 27615

I was truly blown away this week when I dined at  Vinos Finos Y Picadas Argentinian Wine and Tapas Bar in North Raleigh. The selection of food, from cheese to cured meats to hot tapas to South American empanadas were outstanding and reasonably priced. The South American wine selection was also superb and matched the food perfectly.


We tried three different empanadas, beef with olive and egg, duck confit and sweet potato and rosemary, and corn and cotija cheese. The flaky pastry surrounded the perfectly spiced fillings which made my mouth curl into a huge smile.

My biggest surprise was the Provolone al Horno. Picture a large ceramic dish covered with dimples (similar to the dishes used for escargot). The dimples were filled with artichokes, olives, and ham which were covered with melted provolone cheese. You scoop the contents out and spread it on crusty slices of baguette. It was wonderful.

I highly recommend this restaurant. I will definitely be going back.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Nick! We hope to see you again soon. We have changed our menu quite a bit since your last visit so I hope you can visit again.

    Pat West
    Owner, Vinos Finos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick! We hope to see you again soon. We have changed our menu quite a bit since your last visit so I hope you can visit again.

    Pat West
    Owner, Vinos Finos

    ReplyDelete

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.