Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Agroturismo La Lucciolaia in San Gimignano

One of the highlights of my stay in Tuscany was my stay at the Agroturismo La Lucciolaia in San Gimignano. The best way to describe what an agroturismo is is to compare it to a bed & breakfast that is located on a farm. We stayed at La Lucciolaia in San Gimignano for 5 days. It was very modern with large rooms and a modern bathroom (very important in Italy). The breakfasts were wonderful with salami, cheese, eggs, croissants, fresh baked good, fruit and wonderful cappuccino. The best part were the views out our room. Looking out our back window we can see the ancient walled town of San Gimignano sitting on top of a hill across a valley covered with vineyards  We were even able to watch them harvest the grapes for this years crop of wine.


La Lucciolaia Agroturismo

Breakfast
View of San Gimignano Out Our Bedroom Window
Our Room

1 comment:

  1. Nick, I am loving your pictures of the places and foods of your trip. It makes me feel like I'm along with you! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.