Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pasta Ragout: Good Eats – Lousy Weather

In the past 24 hours, I’ve enjoyed 2 great pasta dishes and have experienced torrential downpours. The Duomo in Siena today was absolutely breathtaking but we got soaked and cold waiting in line to get in. Thankfully we enjoyed a wonderful dish of ravioli that warmed our hearts.

Tagliatelle ai Profumie del Bosco
Tagliatelli Pasta with Scents of the Forest
We devoured this pasta dish last night at our agroturismo with great quantities of wine made on the farm we were staying at. The tagliatelle pasta was homemade, tender and shaped like long, broad noodles. It was bathed in a ragout of ground pork and mushrooms (thus scents of the forest) in a brown sauce. If all I was eating was this dish I would have had at least two dishes. As it was this was only the second of five courses. Pasta in Italy is never served as a main course.

Ravioloni di Ricotta e Spinaci al Sugo di Agnello
Large Ravioli with Ricotta and Spinach in Lamb Ragout


These were some of the best ravioli that I have ever eaten. They had a creamy center of ricotta cheese and spinach and were bathed in a brown sauce that had small diced pieces of lamb with fresh thyme and mint. My only regret was that I did not order a second plate of the ravioli.

1 comment:

  1. Normally I don't learn post on blogs, however I wish to say
    that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so!
    Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice article.


    my web blog :: meska-apteka.pl

    ReplyDelete

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.