Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Breakfast in Beijing


Qing-Feng Steamed Dumpling Shop
My host family took me out to breakfast at a local breakfast restaurant in the suburbs of Beijing called the Qing-Feng Steamed Dumpling Shop. It was like nothing I have ever experienced for breakfast before. This restaurant was known for their steamed buns and I was able to watch them prepare the dumplings through the window.

Staff making dumplings
Steamed Pork Dumplings
The meal we ate was more like what I might order for dinner at home. We had steamed pork and vegetable dumplings which were incredible. They just melted in your mouth-I have to learn to make them when I get back home. We also had oil bread, which remined me of the fried dough from the fair or Pizza Fritta which Italians make, and Wonton soup. What I did not mention was any sort of beverage. That because they don't serve beverages with most meals. But that will be another posting. Needless to say I did not get my caffeine that morning.
Oil Bread

Wonton Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.