Sunday, January 1, 2012

China Tea

Juliet Jasmine Tea
Juliet Jasmine Tea Buds
The Chinese take their tea very seriously. I had the opportunity to attend a Chinese tea ceremony where they brewed 6 different kinds of tea for me. I was able to try everything from green tea, to oolong, to black tea. Each was brewed in a different way using different type of pots and all were serve straight up without any milk or sugar. The most unusuall tea was the juliet jasmine tea. As you can see in the photo it looks like a large flower bud. What they actually do is wrap the jasmine tea around a jasmine flower bud. You drop it in hot water and watch as the jasmine leaves slowly uncurl and the jasmine flower is rehydrated and blooms in the water. It was so good I had to buy some to bring back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.