Tuesday, January 3, 2012

McDonalds


Fried Pork Cutlet Sandwich Value Meal - $4

Oriental Pearl Tower

After 5 days of Chinese food I decided that I wanted some American food. I took the subway, which was amazingly easy to navigate, to the Oriental Pearl Tower which has become the symbol of Shanghai. Everything in the subway system is done in both Mandarin and English, including the announcements on the train. When I got out of the subway there was a McDonalds so I though I would give it a try. The menu was very similiar to the US with the addition of a fried pork cutlet sandwich and corn in the Happy Meal. Since I don't like Big Macks I opted for the pork. It was amazing. The pork was breaded and fried and it was very spicy with an oriental flair-the bun even had black sesame seeds on it. The fries were just as good as the ones back home but were a bit saltier. If they had this sandwich at home I may actually go to McDonalds.

You'll notice from the picture of the Pearl Tower that the polution in Shanghai is pretty bad. This photo was taken at noon on a cloudless day. I'm told that this is typical during the winter. From the viewing tower I was only able to see about 1/2 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.