Friday, October 11, 2013

Favorite Meal in Tuscany

While I enjoyed many meals in Tuscany, one really stood out on top. We took Rick Steve’s advice and ate at a restaurant in Voltera called Don Beta, a small family owned Trattoria. When I eat at an Italian restaurant in the US I usually rate it’s quality based on the gnocchi, a small potato pasta that looks like pillows. When I saw Gnocchi  “gnudi” (Tuscan dumplings with 4 types of cheeses and balsamic vinegar) on the menu at Don Beta’s I had to order it. As you can see by the picture, the Gnocchi that they served me was nothing like what I expected. They were the size of a meatball and bathed in a cheese sauce then drizzled with balsamic vinegar. They were wonderfully light and loaded with spinach. With each bite your mouth coated with a wonderful 4 cheese sauce that was complimented with a hint of sweet balsamic vinegar. I definitely have to try to make this when I get home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback, comments, and questions on my recipes so that I can tune them for everyone’s kitchen.